This post is sponsored by buybuy BABY. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own! Thanks for supporting brands that I love and that make this little blog of mine possible.
It seems to be the perfect time to share this post since we are basically all stuck at home during this quarantine with our crazy kids, right?! I’m no exercise guru, and I barely have time to work out with a toddler hanging off my leg and an infant glued to my boob, but my body needs to move. I notice a real positive change in myself when I get just a little bit of exercise every day and it is amazing for my mental health. Anthony is obsessed with working out and we do have equipment in our garage, but I can never find the time to use it. Even our kids need to get exercise for a few hours a day. So, I came up with some ways to get my body moving while Layla & Gabriella are with me.
- Dance up a storm! Your kids don’t care what your dance moves look like. But blasting the music and jumping around in the kitchen? That will put everyone in a good mood.
- Baby carrier work outs. I have yet to do this, but I’m making it a goal of mine to give it a try. I’ve seen tons of YouTube videos and even Instagram accounts dedicated to baby carrier workouts. I could get this done while Layla naps. And if your kiddos don’t nap anymore, you could have them join in on the fun! Layla has a mini baby carrier for her dolls, so that could be a cool spin on it too. buybuy BABY is one of our favorite places to get baby carriers because of the variety, which you can check out here. For working out, I would recommend a soft-structured carrier like Baby Tula or Ergo Baby would be a great choice.
- Go on a hike. Ant and I have always had an interest in exploring. It’s been fun to take the kids with us now to trails and state parks. Talk about a whole new ball game with so much to learn and look at in the woods. Lately, we’ve been doing some nature learning when we go on hikes. A scavenger hunt would be fun too.
- Jump rope!
- Play tag
- Hula hoop
- Go for a stroller walk! This has been something I’ve been doing basically every day unless it rains. If you follow me on IG, you know I’ve been raving about this new stroller I got from buybuy BABY. This thing is legit. It’s all the bells and whistles I wanted in a double stroller, without the hefty price tag. I could not believe the prices of some double strollers! Thankfully buybuy BABY had many to choose from all different price ranges. It starts off as a single stroller and expands to a double with 11 ways to ride. Layla loves riding on the standing platform, so she can get on and off as we walk. You can even do a light jog with this stroller! A double stroller is a must-have if you have two young kids.
- Plank at playtime. Doesn’t sound very fun, but make it a game as your infant does tummy time. Toddlers and kids can join in on the planking fun too! See who can hold a plank the longest.
- Go for a bike ride. Last summer, we said we were going to purchase bikes and we never did. Now we reeeeeaaally wish we had, because we’ve been so bored and it would be fun to go ride bikes somewhere. We’re hoping to grab some soon, and even ride around the neighborhood. buybuy BABY has great bike options for kids, so we’re planning to get one for Layla soon so she can start learning.
- Learn a new sport.
- Do yard work. This may not seem like a workout, but when you’re digging, weeding, pulling, raking and all that, your arms are definitely getting a workout in!
- Walk around the neighborhood.
I hope this post gave you some ideas on how to get moving while you’re home with the kids! I’d love to know what you’ve been doing to keep moving and stay sane through all this. I also hope and pray you all are staying safe and healthy. Love, light, and blessings to you all.