In honor of World Breastfeeding Week, I wanted to share my favorite breastfeeding products with you guys. I am by no means a pro, but I have learned a lot already in my 2 months of breastfeeding! I also did tons of breastfeeding research while pregnant. These products have been ultimate lifesavers so far and I figured I would tell you what I love about them.
1. Lansinoh Therapearl 3 in 1 Breast Therapy – Ever had engorged ta-ta’s? That ish is PAINFUL. When my milk came in for the first time, my boobs looked like porn star boobs. Seriously. These pads were absolutely amazing because I could freeze them and also heat them up in the microwave. They provided me so much relief and helped the engorgement, along with some cabbage leaves.
2. Boppy Nursing Pillow– I am so glad I brought this pillow to the hospital. It helped me maneuver the baby around and learn how to breast feed comfortably since I had a C-Section. We also used it for the little ones so it was easier for them to hold her. I used it a lot within the first month. Now we use it for her to lounge in and play tummy time!
3. Bamboobies Reusable Nursing Pads– I love these nursing pads! They are eco-friendly since you would just throw away regular nursing pads and these can just be washed with the laundry. I got the overnight ones because I was leaking all the time. I thought the regular ones were a little too thin, so I continue to wear the overnight ones throughout the whole day.
4. Earth Mama Nipple Butter– This stuff is the bees knees. I am obsessed with all of the products from Earth Mama. They only use natural ingredients and the small container lasts awhile. I have been using it every day for 2 months and it’s not even close to halfway gone. It helps sore and cracked nipples. Since Layla’s been 2 weeks old, I luckily haven’t had any cracking or bleeding, but I still apply this everyday!
5. Medela Quick Clean Steam Bags– These bags are great. I don’t use them every time I pump, but every 3-4 days I will use them. You put your pump parts or bottles into the bag with some water and stick it in the microwave and it sanitizes the parts. Easy peasy! One bag is good for 20 uses too, so it’s definitely a good bang for your buck.
6. Racerback Nursing Bra– This is supposed to be a sleeping bra, but I rock it as a bralette and wear it during the day. I have this in 4 colors, and it’s perfect for ladies with big busts too! I stick my overnight bamboobies pads into them so the whole world doesn’t catch a glimpse at my goodies, haha.
7. NatureBond Silicone Manual Breast Pump– Y’all. If you buy anything from this list, GET THIS. It’s life changing. During feedings, you put it on your other breast and it suctions on to collect the let down and leakage. In the mornings, I can collect 4oz during one feeding in this thing! Effortless pumping? Hell yes. It really helped me build up my freezer stash.
8. Milk Snob Cover– I have two of these. It can be used as a nursing cover, car seat cover, shopping cart cover, highchair cover, and even a blanket!
9. Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra– Are you holding your pump while feeding? Then girl, you need this bra. The bra holds your pump into place so you can be hands free and use the phone, hold baby, whatever you need to do.
10. Dr. Brown’s Bottles– These bottles are great and reduce gas, spitting up, colic, and burping!
11. Lansinoh Breastmilk Bags– Lansinoh is a well known, trusted brand. Their bags are the strongest around!
12. Gilligan O’ Malley Nursing Tanks– I’ve tried around 5 brands of nursing tanks so far. These ones are by far my favorite, and they are a great price. They have a built in bra to hold the girls up and it’s made out of cotton. You will LOVE these, I pinky promise!
13. Jaw Hair Clips– If you have hair length past your shoulders, definitely get yourself some of these. They hold your hair back and out of the way, so baby doesn’t eat or grab your hair!
14. Ruby Recliner and Glider– This is the recliner we have in Layla’s nursery. You can recline, turn 360 degrees, and rock. I’m glad this is what we decided to go with. It’s been easy peasy to nurse her in this chair.
15. YETI Rambler Cup– I know, I know. These ramblers are a little expensive for a cup, I get it. However, these cups rock. As a breastfeeding mama, you have to stay hydrated and drink lots and lots of water. I fill this cup so many times a day, and the water actually stays freezing cold.
I hope you guys enjoyed my round up of all things breastfeeding! Is there anything I didn’t include on the list that you think should be added? I’d love to know what your favorite breastfeeding products are.