What’s up guys!! So when I originally started my blog, I was sharing recipes here and there and eventually I stopped because I was so into home decor and house projects. Well now that my family is growing, it feels like all I do is cook. I actually love to cook and learned a lot from my dad because he was always trying new recipes and making me try things even when I didn’t want to. I’m actually thankful he instilled that in me to try things and if I didn’t like it, it wasn’t a big deal. He always just wanted me to taste it before I made a decision on eating it or not. So anyway, I want to start sharing recipes again! A lot of the time I throw things together and forget what I use, and I love looking through cookbooks and finding new meals for us to enjoy.
Since we homeschool and are home a lot, we make almost 90% of our meals from scratch. It’s important to me to know where our food comes from and how it’s prepared! With that being said, we’re not perfect and definitely enjoy eating out and ordering pizza once a week. So today I am going to share a meal I threw together for lunch! It was so easy and you only need a few ingredients. A perfect meal for lunch or dinner.
This is a great low carb meal and also a good one for picky eaters, because who doesn’t like pizza!? We have tons of ground beef in our deep freezer because every year we buy a cow share and split it with friends. This is a great way to connect with local farmers and know where your food comes from. Now you probably want to know how to cook this delicious meal. Let’s get to it!
You need just a few ingredients.
- Ground beef, pork, chicken
- Marinara or whatever tomato sauce you have
- Peppers and onions – chopped
- Shredded cheese (I buy blocks of cheese and shred them myself)
- Salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
First you’re going to brown up the beef, then put it on a plate and add in chopped peppers and onions for about 5 minutes. Once they’re done, add the beef back in and then add tomato sauce. Let that simmer for a few minutes and then top with shredded cheese and pepperoni and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden!
See?? I told you it was easy! Now you probably have most of this already in your pantry, so I hope you make it for dinner tonight. Soooo good, and flexible as you can add whatever usual pizza toppings you like. Don’t like pepperoni? Don’t add it! Like ham and pineapple? Add them!
Crustless Cast Iron Pizza Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken, sausage or pork
- 8 oz marinara or tomato sauce (less or more to your liking)
- 10 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your liking
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red, orange or yellow pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook ground beef in cast iron skillet until no longer pink, then set aside
- Add chopped peppers and onions and cook until soft
- Add the beef back to the skillet
- Add seasonings & marinara or tomato sauce and bring to a simmer
- Top with shredded cheese and pepperoni
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden
Нello all, guyѕǃ Ι know, my mеѕsage mаy bе too specіfiс,
But mу ѕiѕtеr found nіcе mаn herе and thеy mаrrіеd, ѕo hоw about me?! 🙂
Ι аm 27 yearѕ оld, Сatherinа, from Romanіа, I knоw Еnglіѕh and German languаgеѕ alѕо
Αnd… Ι havе sресіfiс dіseаѕе, nаmеd nymphomаnia. Who knоw what іs this, cаn undеrѕtаnd mе (bеttеr to ѕау it immedіаtelу)
Ah yes, I сoоk vеry tasty! аnd I love not onlу сook ;))
Ιm rеаl gіrl, nоt рrоѕtіtutе, and lооking for ѕeriouѕ and hot relatiоnѕhip…
Αnywау, you саn find my рrofile herе: http://raiglycbalcobo.tk/user/34727/